Great (and long) post about how and why universal design is better positioned now than at any time in the past to succeed and become mainstream. Points include:
- Reason 1. World demographics are changing.
- Reason 2: World economies are changing.
- Reason 3: More societies throughout the world are valuing human diversity.
- Reason 4: Social sustainability is a natural part of the environmental sustainability movement.
- Reason 5: Attitudes about consumption are changing.
- Reason 6: Major corporations are developing ad campaigns that foster ease of use and inclusion.
- Reason 7: Mass customization is making it easier to develop universally designed solutions.
- Reason 8: Digital technologies are augmenting or eliminating static solutions to dynamic conditions.
- Reason 9: Design that works for everyone is starting to make sense to government officials at the local, regional, national, and global levels.”
[udrpost linknames=”Universal Design â